NUT-FREE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE | 1 sauce, 3 recipes
A creamy vegan cheese sauce that is nut-free, soy-free, oil-free, and Paleo! Plus, three delicious recipes to make with this Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce!
NUT-FREE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE: (other recipes are below)
*MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS*
Le Creuset Dutch Oven:
Instant Pot 6 quart:
Large Cutting Board:
Meal Prep Containers:
All Other Kitchen Equipment:
Film & Photography Equipment:
MY COOKBOOK: The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes!
ORDER ON AMAZON:
MORE COOKBOOK INFO:
*90+ delicious vegan recipes made in the Instant Pot*
*With tons of gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined-sugar-free options
0:40 How to make vegan cheese sauce
2:36 How to make buffalo Jackfruit Grilled Cheese
4:55 How to make Creamy Cheesy Pasta
5:44 Tex-Mex Tempeh Quesadillas
NUT-FREE CHEESE SAUCE
*Note: 1 batch of this Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce makes enough for all of these recipes (4 grilled cheese sandwiches, 12-16 ounces of pasta, and 4 large quesadillas).
RECIPE #1 BUFFALO JACKFRUIT GRILLED CHEESE:
RECIPE #2: CREAMY CHEESY PASTA
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta of your choice until al dente. Drain the water and add as much vegan cheese sauce to the pasta, toss to combine, and heat through.
RECIPE #3: TEX-MEX TEMPEH QUESADILLAS
*1 TBSP oil
1 8-ounce block tempeh
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds if sensitive to spicy food)
14-16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp kosher salt + more to taste
3 TBSP tomato paste
1 TBSP lime juice
2-3 tbsp water, as needed
1 – 1½ cups Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
8 extra large tortillas
1. Grate the tempeh using a box grater.
2. Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat with the oil. Once hot, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add the grated tempeh, mushrooms, and the Tex-Mex spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika), and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often. Add the salt during the last minute of cooking. Add a bit of water as needed, to prevent burning or sticking.
4. Stir in the tomato paste and lime juice and stir to combine well. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. If the mixture starts to dry out, add 2-3 TBSP water as needed.
5. Remove the filling from the skillet and set aside in a bowl. Wipe down the skillet and return it to medium heat.
6. Spread one tortilla with several tablespoons of the Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce. Spoon 1/4 of the tempeh-mushroom filling on top. Drizzle a few more spoons of the cheese sauce on top of that. Top with a second tortilla.
7. Add the quesadilla to the large skillet over medium heat. Place a smaller skillet on top of the quesadilla so that it presses down on the quesadilla. Cook the quesadilla for 3 minutes, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until both sides are crispy and nicely browned. Repeat with the remaining sauce, filling, and tortillas.
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week!
Learn more about veganism, healthy eating, food photography, social media, and happiness.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS VEGAN RECIPES & INSPIRATION?