Is Vegan Food Always Healthy?
Healthier plant-based diets compared to unhealthy plant foods and animal foods on diabetes risk.
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here:
As a physician, labels like vegetarian or vegan just tell me what you don’t eat, but there’s lots of unhealthy vegetarian foods like French fries and potato chips and soda pop. That’s why I prefer the term whole food plant-based nutrition. That tells me what you do eat, a diet centered around the healthiest foods out there.
The video I mentioned is Do Flexitarians Live Longer? (
And are some past popular videos on plant-based diets:
· Do Vegetarians Get Enough Protein? (
· What Diet Should Physicians Recommend? (
· Eating More to Weigh Less (
· How to Change Your Enterotype (
· The Okinawa Diet: Living to 100 (
· Vitamin B12 Necessary for Arterial Health (
· Caloric Restriction vs. Plant-Based Diets (
· Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes (
· Which Type of Protein Is Better for Our Kidneys? (
· Lose Two Pounds in One Sitting: Taking the Mioscenic Route (
· Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (
· The Best Diet for Fibroids (
· Plant-Based Diets Recognized by Diabetes Associations (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language:
• Podcast :
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
Original Source Link